I also hear a tapping sound when starting my car engine first in the morning, but the noise subsides after the car warms up, what could possible be wrong with it?

40

Asked by Aug 31, 2015 at 11:44 AM

40

My car is a Mazda Millenia 2000, please anyone know what is the problem here?

69,585

If you are not having any issues, this can be normal. Sticky lifters, there are additives to add to your oil to help quiet them down. Go to a parts store to see what they recommend for this.

69,585

Another thing is your rocker arms for the valves may need to be adjusted, the noise is going away as it warms up metal grows with heat.

65,935

Make sure that you have the correct weight oil in the engine (5W-30, 10W-30, etc.) and type (Conventional, Synthetic Blend, Synthetic). Check your owners manual to be sure. Try a different brand of oil filter as well. But as Rowefast said, it could be normal. HTH. -Jim

40

Thanks all! I will definitely check it out with a parts store what kind of additives or oil grade is recommended.

65,935

You're welcome. Glad to help. -Jim