My 93 f150 will not start with key but will push start any ideas?

Asked by Aug 27, 2015 at 04:04 AM

140

Im not a technical guy so bare with me I had a 93 ford mustang, Could be a couple of things, I'd try the starter solenoid first put it in nutral turn the car in the on position pop the hood and jump the solenoid with a screwdriver if it starts your lucky cause that's the easiest of the demands... If it doesn't spin the starter its the starter, if it does spin the starter replace solenoid, now if after replacing the it it still won't turn over with key check the button behind your clutch peddle sometimes it breaks or wares out try putting it in nutral and starting it with the key, if it still won't start its your ignition in the steering wheel itself... Depending how bad it is you might be able to repair yours... I was able to get mine back together... Good luck

Best Answer

Wow thanks for the extreamly detailed and quick responce. Lucky me for getting up early and seeing this im just about to get ready and head to orilys.

140

And don't quote me on any of this was just my experience... Oh the solenoid is right by your battery BTW...

It it the funny looking round thing that is hooked to the fender with various wires hooked to it? Sorry not a mechanic lol.

140

Lol No worries.. I was posting about ac problems with my Lincoln.. But seriously just touch a screw driver between the two posts yes it sounds scary but its only a little spark.and if the starter starts the truck vualla... Don't forget to use your parking break when out of car... Solenoid is only like $10 at most and easy to put on Google a pic of it you'll see what I'm talking about

140

MAKE SURE ITS IN NUTRAL

Ok buddie thanks a bunch. This is the first time i used this site and i have read through others post and it has a very nice community

140

I'll check back in if that don't fix it I'll tell you the next easiest step that I know of

140

Good luck

That fixed it buddy.

Changed both the cy and the starter

140

Good to hear happy wheeling

Lol now there is a new problem seems there is a grinding sound tgat is loud and constant under the shifter