I have a car with a faulty alternator. My battery went flat. I couldn't start my car and left it for an hour. I tried again after an hour and it started. How did my battery re-charge itself?

Asked by Aug 24, 2015 at 08:08 AM

I have a car with a faulty alternator. I drove my car and my and after I turned my car off
for about 10 minutes, my battery went flat. I couldn't start my car and left it for an hour. I
tried again after an hour and it started. How did my battery re-charge itself?

83,905

It didn't recharge itself, sound like you have a bad starter switch (relay) or possible the starter is no good. when the car heats up that when the problem is showing up and when it cools down it allows the car to start again.

38,005

Also, once you get the car started, go somewhere to have the charging system checked while the car is running, As joemorn said, possible bad starter, worn bushings in the starter will cause the starter to bog down when warm.