I have an 86 fiero with a 2.5L Iron Duke, I've been having a hard time trying to keep it at a constant idle, I have done the plugs, IACV, timed, checked for vacuum leak etc., Am I missing something? I did notice the trottle body is pretty dirty (soot) Please help , Thankz

Asked by Aug 18, 2015 at 04:14 PM

My 86 Fiero with the 2.5L Iron Duke is having an issue keeping a constant idle, wants to
stall when it downshifts and I come to a stop. I've checked the plugs, timing, changed the
IACV, if you know of anything else I should be checking , please let me know Thankz

16,810

Check air filter clean throttle body replace fuel filter and add Lucas Fuel Injector Cleaner to gas tank

4,095

Could also be in your ignition circuit - coil pack or pole piece. Not sure what the configuration of this engine is but that happened to my '91 car. Stalled every time it dropped to idle speed about half the time before I found it.