2005 Caravan - brakes?

Asked by Aug 18, 2015 at 11:18 AM

2005 Caravan makes an intermittent squeak sounds, most noticeable at low speed, I have not had brakes inspected. Does this model make a squeak sounds from brakes if they need maintenance? or maybe it is something else?  thank U. StevO

There is a wear indicator on the brake pads that will make a squealing noise when it rubs against the rotor and depending on how the indicator is rubbing against rotor you will hear the squealing when you apply the brakes or all the time until you apply the brakes and the noise will go away.