I have a 92 crown victoria. Just got the power steering pump and pulley replaced. But its overheating. Should i put water in the coolant reservoir or antifreeze? ?

Asked by Aug 16, 2015 at 09:00 AM

16,850

Always use anti freeze unless you are in a tough spot but replace with anti freeze ASAP. If some anti freeze in cooling system you can use the 50/50 mix. If still over heating the first thing to suspect is the thermostat.

56,855

Check your serpentine belt routing. It's possible that after the pump and pulley were replaced the belt was put back on wrong causing the water pump to spin backwards. HTH. -Jim

Ok and when i put it in should the car be off or started?

16,850

It can be off just add to full mark on over flow tank. If you replace something on the cooling system like the thermostat the vehicle would have to be started until thermostat opens to release air from system.