If I lost my job and within the past two months got my car repoed how should I go about getting another vehicle. I now have a job but struggling to have a way.

Asked by Aug 08, 2015 at 01:33 AM

14,015

The big question is "IF", did you lose your job?

talk to the finance company and see if they will let you pay what payments you owe and get your car back.

Yes I was unemployed for 4 months. And the car was sold on June 21st last month

82,835

Going to hard to purchase another new car or used financed car after a repo. Time to save your oennies and purchase your next car cash...

14,015

Only next best thing is to get a family member to cosign a loan with you. Good luck.

14,015

Oh, so, unemployment did not help you pay for the car?

Austin was probably trying to do it Big Willie style to impress his babe and was rocking more car than he could really afford at the time...just a guess. What's the real deal, Austin? Holla back, bro!

14,015

James, go easy on Austin, a lot of people buy more car than they can afford and get in trouble, lesson learned. Cars are really a terribly bad investment, not an investment at all! They're tools, but, people don't usually understand that. The best way to save money is to purchase a lease return CPO car. But, James, you probably already know that.

70

I would wait and see how much is left owed to the car company after they sold your repo car, because they will come for you to pat the difference left.

14,015

You're right, they probably sold the car quickly to get rid of it and get their money out, leaving Austin to pick up the pieces, charging him back for the lost revenue. This is one of the insidious things of auto sales, they'll talk someone into buying a car they can't afford, go for repossession, sell it off and make sure you pay the highest penalty again. Doesn't this sound like people who got upside down on a bad mortgage loan? Unfortunately, Austin, you're learning a difficult lesson here , because, if you don't pay it off, you'll have bad create which will likely result in higher interest on credit cards, auto insurance, auto financing, etc. It's something to avoid.

25

We have financing for all credit situations as well as NO-DOWNPAYMENT for qualified buyers, we welcome trades, Credit Union members and all major credit cards. Century Auto Sport in Van Nuys is OPEN 7 DAYS a week