I'm unsure whether to purchase a 2004 Lexus RX330 w 65000 or a 2014 Chevy Equinox w 27000 both are close to the same purchase $. Any advice on which would be the smartest buy/ why? Thanks .

Asked by Aug 06, 2015 at 12:05 AM

130

Lexus is made by Toyota and is a very reliable car but the Chevy will probably still have the manufacture warranty so some certain things will be covered by chevy if they fail Chevy also has a pretty strong reputation the Lexus will save you money in gas and insurance you decide

Best Answer Mark helpful

Thank you. This will be only the 2nd car I've purchased so appreciate the shared experience. Would you be concerned about trade/resell value comparison in 5 yrs w avg annual mileage?

52,085

Lexus is 11 years old. Go with the Chevy as you will still have warranty. In 5 years neither one of these will be worth all that much.

254,485

Bob is right, you shouldn't buy a vehicle based on the resell value, they all depreciate. Drive what you like and which is the better deal and better maintained vehicle. I like one owners cars with under 100K miles, that way I know I can drive it at least another 10 years.