2004 Honda civic, the A/C is not coming on at all. the fuses are fine.

Asked by Jul 29, 2015 at 05:40 PM

I have a 2004 Honda civic, the A/C is not coming on at all. The lights on the dash say its
on, but the compressor is not kicking in. I have checked the validity of all the fuses, they
are fine. Where is the computer that controls the relays and all located? That appears to
be the culprit

17,650

If no freon / refrigerant is in system it will not come on.

7,720

Yep ... I second that opinion. My car has both too much and too little safety switch's. Once you put freon in the system the compressor will kick back on after the pressure activates the switch

The freon level is fine. The lights on the control panel come on. Some times the compressor kicks on, but most of the time it doesnt.

17,650

If it clicks on every now and then being low on freon can cause that.

17,650

And there is nothing wrong with the system as far as a fuse or relay because the compressor does click on.

7,720

Did you add Freon? If you did then you may have over filled and when the compressor comes on you exceed the max allowed system pressure causing the over-pressure switch to turn the compressor of before you blow the lines apart

7,720

Wait a minute .. first you said " the A/C is not coming on at all." then you said "Some times the compressor kicks on" ....