I have a 2011 Ford Fusion SE. The socket for the low beam passenger headlight is melted. How do I replace it?

Asked by Jul 23, 2015 at 07:13 PM

63,315

Visit your local auto parts store and tell them you need the pigtail for the headlight and the bulb. You'll have to cut the original socket and splice the new one on. Use butt connectors and heat shrink tubing to keep out moisture and dirt. Most likely the original socket melted because an incorrect bulb was put in there and created too much heat. Kinda like putting a 100 watt bulb in a 60 watt socket in your house. Over time the socket will be damaged and create a fire hazard. HTH. -Jim