My son has a 1994 4runner w/3.0 V6 and it is overheating

Asked by Jul 19, 2015 at 02:42 PM

Replaced thermostat and the radiator looks new. At idle runs a little warm (just past
half way on the dash) but as soon as you drive off it gets hot fast. It is a old truck with
250k on it. When it first started getting hot it would only happen after he would turn it
off and start it back up again then would cool off as you went down the road. I think
the water pump is done. What do you guys think? also no water in the oil so I think the
head gaskets are ok

18,520

First are the fans coming on ? If they are could be a clogged radiator or cooling system would need to flush system,water pump not pumping properly or the radiator fins partially clogged with dirt and bugs not allowing the correct amount of air flow across the radiator fins when driving vehicle.