I have a 2000 dodge ram with a 5.9 2 wheel drive my abs light and brake light is on can anyone tell me why they are on

50

Asked by Jul 16, 2015 at 05:54 PM

23,200

Maybe a problem that needs to be fixed or dirty sensor or a bad sensor that needs to be replaced or sensor may have come loose. I would first try to clean and see if one has come loose.

140

Are there any symptoms with the actual brakes? It could be low brake fluid or a bad sensor.

23,200

I put a bad sensor maybe in my answer but what the ABS does is keep your wheels from sliding or locking up on slippery surfaces like ice.

140

Yes but the "ABS" and "Brake" lights on the dash come on simultaneously to signal a problem with the brake system.

23,200

Sorry read your question again and I see were you said and brake light. Yes it could be low on brake fluid or or a leaking brake hose , caliper , could be that is why the ABS light is coming on brake fluid maybe getting on the sensor.