2003 Mazda Protege

Asked by Jul 16, 2015 at 05:51 PM

I have a 2003 Mazda Protege and if I shift gear into drive it reves up. If I shift to drive 2 the max speed I can get do is 35 mph. The idle is also below 1 whenever I stop. Please tell me it's not the transmission.

16,790

Clean or replace Idle Air Control valve and clean Throttle Body.

What an estimate price on that? I'm really hoping that it's something simple to fix. I've already put way too money into this car.

16,790

You can probably do it yourself just Google how to clean throttle body and Idle Air Control valve on the year, make and model of your vehicle. Most likely a video on how to clean.