I want to trade in my 2014 standard XV Crosstrek for 2015 automatic. what is best trade in deal 02568 zip code area

Asked by Jul 16, 2015 at 12:31 PM

I have a 2014 standard XV Crosstrek which I want to trade in for a 2015 automatic.
closest Subabru dealer is Atlantic Subaru in Bourne, MA. How much can I expect to pay
in trade-in differential?

You didn't give us specifics on trim level and mileage on the current car, but probably 20K on trade in. But the dealer will offer you something lower of course. We can guess all we want what the dealer would do, you need to talk to them on numbers for the deal. Why trade up, the 2015 is the same as the 2014 and take a huge hit on depreciation?

There are so many variables that goes into that, it's hard to say. If you're financing your vehicle, it depends on what you put as a down payment and how much the residual effected your 2014 Crosstek. Also how much the new Subaru is going to cost. I've seen people come in after a year and face a few thousand $ in negative equality, but again, there are a lot of variables. The best action to take is 1. Get your Crosstek appraised, 2. find your payout on the loan if you're financing. And if you want to continue, 3. Go to the Subaru dealership, work out a deal and hope for the best for financing because some banks require that you pay the negative equality before they give you a loan for a new car. There are some thing designed to help with those situations, like Gap Insurance. Either way, you have some homework to do before making a decision.