Is there a specific way to replace rear end seal on polo 1.6 petrol bah engine ? Or can I put mark facing up have engine on tdc and tap seal ring back in ?

Asked by Jul 14, 2015 at 02:37 AM

3,205

if you put the polo to tdc you will see there is a mark on the seal casing at 12 and at 10, put the ring to 12, the ring has a little hole in it so make sure it align, you tap it in with small punch and hammer. make sure it aligns other wise its going to give you headache, if its a little out it would be just fine.

3,205

remember that ring is not a seal its the crank pick up, the seal is the housing to the rear of the ring, its 2 different things, best of luck ....let me know how it goes, i struggled for two mounts on that F@#$#@# ring, but the car runs like a dream.

Thanks schalk I have tightened the seal onto the block but the seal is loose or turns. Can I just tap the crank pickup back in as u say without loosening seal bolts ?

3,205

yes

3,205

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo6wpKdBoUE search but got it........ go check this video then you will be more relaxed,