key gets stuck in ignition on a Trailblazer 2004.

Asked by Jul 11, 2015 at 10:22 AM

I can shut the Blazer off but can't get the switch to turn from the aux. mode.  If I start the Blazer and put it in reverse and move about 10 feet than spike the brakes I can shut the car off and remove the key sometimes.  Some times I can wiggle the key and it will come out but still in the aux. position.

19,180

Do you have spare key to see if it does the same thing because you may just have a worn out key. Try spraying some WD40 in the ignition that may help or some kind of lubricant made for that problem.