I have a 2003 Jeep liberty It's losing power I took it to AutoZone they hooked it up to the machine and they told me the spark plugs were bad so we change the spark plugs it is also making a ticking

Asked by Jul 09, 2015 at 10:31 PM

The young kid at AutoZone told me he thought it
sounded like a rod in the motor does anyone
know what it sounds like one rod is messed up in
the motor if any of that make sense

65,755

If the engine light was or is on,when checked,there would be a code,but there is no code for a spark plug,it would only show misfire on a certain cylinder or random misfire,if engine is skipping,then and you have changed the plugs,could be plug wire,s or and fuel injector firing on a cylinder,this would give you a tap because it is firing on a dry cylinder from no gas,or not firing on the plug due to bad wire,have these checked before you assume what the autozone boy said.

18,840

Put in some Lucas Engine Oil Stabilizer I guarantee that tap will go away. How can I make this claim because I have heard and seen it work for my self. Friend of mine had a car the thing was taping so bad sounded like a sewing machine he asked me was there something I could do but at that time most things I tried did not work but I did hear good things about this Lucas told him we can try but I can not making any promises changed his oil left out one quart and added Lucas 30 minutes into idling the tap was coming and going after 45 minutes to an hour the tap was completely gone. Been two months now and he says it still sounds great.

65,755

I agree with you Firebird,lucas may help with tap,s sometimes,but wont help with a skip.

65,755

I only said what i said because they lost power,meaning skip,or misfire.