I rear-ended a a pickup. No body damage but it tilted his rear bumper down. He said he could fix it for $100 and we could leave insurance out of it, so I gave him $100. He called me today and said that his bumper is now on straight but the screws and lugnuts are bent and that he needed $60 for new ones. said his car friends are doing the work so had no receipts. Does this sound legit for 4 screws/lugnuts?

Asked by Jul 06, 2015 at 11:28 PM

I rear-ended a a pickup. No body damage but it tilted his rear bumper down. He said he
could fix it for $100 and we could leave insurance out of it, so I gave him $100. He
called me today and said that his bumper is now on straight but the screws and
lugnuts are bent and that he needed $60 for new ones. said his car friends are doing
the work so had no receipts. Does this sound legit for 4 screws/lugnuts?
Said he needed to get them special, through Dodge, I believe.

Thanks!

103,865

Sounds high, but not make it an insurance issue, which will cost you way more then that in the long run. I would give him the $60.00 and call it a day.