I have a 91 ranger that I had to replace the rear seal in .it's a3.0L I got trans back in but can't get spline to line up from motor to trans.and I'm doing this by myself .how do I get spline to lin

Terry Busby

Asked by Jul 06, 2015 at 07:50 PM

I have trans in

Did you use a pilot tool to line up the clutch disc with the pilot bearing and the disc is in correctly? If so then put just a very small amount of grease on the input shaft splines, a little wiggling and it should slide right in.

Strapping tightly to a trans jack with adjustable table added the extra finesse to tennis shoes method last time I did a manual ranger by myself or despite the help of a helper. rental place had one and I actually needed it for 1 hour. Harbor freight has them cheap sometimes and you get to keep it yourself after. coupons or fliers tell you when to buy. Then you can always borrow one too if you know people. Get the thing and the disc align adjusted so it slips in effortlessly, or you know to pull it back out. never let the trans hang by the spline.