2014 Town and Country Touring or 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan R/T?

Jeff Beitel

Asked by Jul 01, 2015 at 09:59 PM

Have to enter the minivan world against all
my wishes. Getting it narrowed down to the
2014 T&C or the Grand Caravan R/T.
Basically same price for both. The R/T is
way harder to find though and would have
to drive 3 hours to get it. Is it worth the drive
or go with the T&C?

This is a flip of a coin choice,they are about the same,just the names.

Personally, I don't think either one is a smart choice. Although the 2014 Chrysler Town & Country has improved a little over previous years, the 2005 -2013 models were plagued with Transmission, Engine Cooling, Fuel System, Minor Engine and Electrical Problems (according to Consumer Reports). I wouldn't expect the Dodge variant to be any better. Save yourself some heartache and financial woes and go with something like a Honda Odyssey instead. Best of luck with whatever you choose!

Best Answer
Jeff Beitel

Thank you for the advice. It's tough to beat the Odyssey the closest would probably be the Sienna. They also hold their values well which is great if you own one, not so much if your looking to buy. My wife will be driving it so trying to please her and also make a wise choice and it's proving difficult. She changes her mind daily so I'll probably be asking more about the Honda and Toyota tomorrow.

Glad to be of help, Jeff. Is there any reason why an SUV wouldn't work? A majority of people are moving away from mini-vans and buying small, mid-size or large SUV's. Unless your wife has to haul around the entire baseball or soccer team on a regular basis, why bother with a boring looking mini-van? If you give me some idea of how much you and her want to spend, what she'll be using it for, seating capacity, etc. maybe I can recommend some SUV's to you.