I checked my fuses on my ford fiesta, 1.2 zeetec. 2002 and when I went to turn engine over nothing happened. All dash lights come on but not even a click when turning key.

Asked by Jul 01, 2015 at 01:43 PM

20,270

Is it an automatic? If so try putting in neutral and starting vehicle.

No its a five speed manual. I've checked all fuses since an they are all still intact.

20,270

There is a switch on manual transmissions like there is on a automatic transmission. On an automatic its called a neutral safety switch which will not let the vehicle start if it does not sense it is in park. Now on a manual transmission it may be called the same thing or Something else but it may not be sensing that the clutch is being pushed in.

I have never had this problem with my car and maybe twice, in past, I have started car whilst in gear. I have charged battery now and even tried to start with clutch fully depressed, but still no luck.