Re: I have a 95 g20 cargo van and I've had two mechanics try to find my freon leak and several $100 dollars in labor and parts it lasts only 2 days

Asked by Jul 01, 2015 at 11:26 AM

Hi I own a 95 g20 oem cargo van, I purchased the van with the a/c not working so I
found a hole in the condenser , had a new one installed and the a/c worked great for
about a month, took it back to shop , he worked on it again and again and it only lasts
2 days ,he replaced o rings somewhere and the service ports.So now I took it to
someone else and we can not find the leak after adding several cans of stop leak
replaced the evaporator used a sniffer on every part of the system , tried pressurizing
the system with air and a soapy spray bottle and nothing . where is all this fluid going
? help !!!  Rick and I am new with carguys. :)

19,800

I am going to suggest something that some will disagree with even you may disagree but it worked for me. Add a can of 134a refrigerant stop leak may work may not but 9 out of 10 people that I recommend to works just if it does not work the first time do not add more hoping it will work that is when you can clog up your A.C system. I think its worth a try but that is your call.

Thanks Mark, but as I stated we already tried that more than once with vac and oil drain in between each time . When and if I figure it out I will let you know what we found . its driving my mach. crazy too..

254,235

Are the mechanics using dye in the system to find the leak? I find that is usually the best way to find a leak.