How does this work?

10

Asked by Jun 29, 2015 at 09:19 PM

10

Hi, I have very very bad credit and they just repo my car I like to be honest do I have a chance?

1,445

J D Buyrider.

56,715

Good for you, Maria! We all go through hard times at one point or another. You can shop at a buy here/pay here used car lot. Just check out what you're interested in very carefully! You can get a good deal or get burned with a clunker. Most of these places have inventory that is bought from an auction. So they don't know much, if anything, about what they're selling. Absolutely do a vehicle history report such as Carfax or vincheck. If you're not real car savvy have the vehicle checked out by a trusted mechanic or friend who is. Good luck to you. Always good to hear from an honest person! HTH. -Jim

18,515

YES! since your honest as you say, your word is good im sure. Suprise them next time and mention that you will probably not make the second payment as your driving off!

24,105

Well, Maria....I can definitely relate to your pain, frustration and embarrassment with this situation! I bought a used car 15 years ago from small dealer and financed it with this no-name company. After missing 2 payments, they sent in the repo man. I was able to take possession of the car back after paying the past due payments + repo fee (maybe $150.00?) . Oddly enough, the repo NEVER appeared in my credit report (showed as "all payments made on time" and "paid in full" when I did pay it off). My question for you is: Do you want this car back? ...or is it a mechanical nightmare? If it's a decent car, I'd make the payments to get it back, if you can...before you start looking at a "Buy Here, Pay Here" type of place. Best of Luck to you! No one is perfect and Car Dealers are willing to give people second chances! :)

24,105

Hope our answers were of some help to you, Maria. Getting a car repoed totally sucks, but in time your credit score will get better and you'll be able to get better cars! Do yourself a BIG favor and make this the LAST time that this happens! I refused to allow myself to be in this situation ever again and now I drive a car that I love with a very low credit union finance rate as well.