I can't get to unlimited area search, the most is 100 miles. How do I clear it so I can search anywhere

Asked by Jun 28, 2015 at 05:33 PM

65

Hi Grannyw! There are so many cars on CarGurus.com that providing you with a listing for all cars and trucks is impractical. It is more information than is irrelevant to you. However, the more specific you become with your search the wider the range will become. For example if you say that you want a Ford the search radius is 500 miles however, if you say you want a Ford Explorer the search radius is increased to unlimited. The idea behind this is that you might be willing to drive cross- country for your dream car with that special trim and perfect color however, it is unlikely that you will travel thousand of miles away for just another Honda. In addition to extending the search radius you can also change the zip-code to wherever you want to buy the car. While cars.com does automatically give you an unlimited search radius you do not receive the same level of transparency when you go to buy your next car.