extended coverage

Asked by Jun 24, 2015 at 08:52 PM

Am not up to speed on extended car coverage. Is following offer a reasonable deal for 2014 Mazda CX-5 with less than 8 k miles:
"a 7yr/100,000 coverage option that allows you to have "Full Comprehensive" coverage on your vehicle from the day you purchase it.   The mileage can be driven up to 107,104.   This coverage is a "mirror image" of what Mazda put on the vehicle from day one.   It can be used ANYWHERE IN THE COUNTRY and can be taken to ANY REPAIR FACILITY in both the United States and Canada.   The only responsibility of the owner to do required maintenance on the vehicle as stated in the owners manual and for any repair, your total expenditure is only a $100 deductable.

Total cost of coverage:     $1988

241,335

Personally? I don't buy extended warranties. IMO, it comes down to the' pay me now (up front) or pay me later' when something actually goes wrong. Plus I've heard that the company holding the policy will fight paying for the correct repair when you need it most. "Oh that isn't covered". Plenty of friends were burned.