I saw the ad for a car from Hertz in CarGurus. I went to look at it. I like it, but they would not honor the price posted on CarGurus and said they did not post it. What gives? How does a car ad get posted? Is the party held responsible for the ad?

Asked by Jun 23, 2015 at 02:01 PM

I saw the ad for a car in Salt Lake City from Hertz posted on CarGurus. I went to look at
it. I like it, but Hertz in Salt Lake City would not honor the price posted on CarGurus and
said they did not post it.  
What gives? How does a car ad get posted? Is the party held responsible for the ad?

257,375

Not sure what happened. I don't run the site, just a user like you and help others with their questions. IT might be an older ad, as Cargurus is a listing site. Click on Help at the bottom of the screen and asked the administrators of the site for further assistance. Never is a seller or dealer held to the price that is listed. They have all sorts of disclaimers. If they won't sell the car for what you want to pay, then walk and find another.