why can I only search up to 500 miles

Asked by Jun 21, 2015 at 10:07 AM

The search for unlimted is greyed out

Hi! There are so many cars on CarGurus that providing you with a listing for all cars and trucks is impractical. However, the more specific you become with your search the wider the range will become. For example if you say that you want a Ford the search radius is 500 miles however, if you say you want a Ford Explorer the search radius is increased to unlimited. The idea behind this is that you might be willing to drive cross- country for your dream car with the special trim and perfect color however, it is unlikely that you will travel thousand of miles away for any Honda.

I just tried searching for 2012-2014 BMW M6, a pretty rare care, it won't let me search past 100 miles....ridiculous!

that should be car, not care!

Sorry, it doesn't work. I'm looking for an Alfa Romeo 4C Launch Edition and need a nationwide search, but your site only gives me 500 miles for a car that there are less than a handful available within 500 miles. I need a nationwide search, and I know an alternative site where I can do this.