2005 corolla oil light

50

Asked by Jun 17, 2015 at 03:27 PM

i have a 05 corolla with the oil light on  i dropped oil pan and revealed heavy sludge  the oil strainer pickup was nearly 100 percent blocked  i cleaned it all up and cleaned the top end with solvents  put it all back together  light was off for a little  then its back on   my question is should i check the oil pump

Yes. What's up, been neglecting oil changes? And a good filter? But no finger wagging at you...just take pump OUT and soak it in solvent overnight. Or buy a new one. It's critical

Then go to a very light oil for a few thousand miles. Like 2-3k and change oil and filter again. The use 5W30 for another 3k and change again. And use a good filter, No Fram. NAPA has some good ones, ask the guy. Wix. Mobil1. Consider synthetic oil, but it's not absolutely necessary Then do that as many times as necessary to get clean oil. Then do NOT put any additives in you engine. Modern motor oil, conventional or synthetic, has everything it needs. Nothing you can add will help. Only make it worse

.