Suggestions for a first car?

Asked by Jun 16, 2015 at 06:37 PM

I'm looking to buy my first car soon, and I'm not sure about which make and model I
should be looking at. I have a budget of $1000 to just about $2500. I'm 6 feet tall, so I
can't drive a tiny car. I'll be using the car to commute to and from college (just about 50
miles each way), so a reliable engine is VERY important because I'll be putting a decent
amount of miles on the car. I'd prefer a car that's on the sturdy side, considering the fact
that I live in New England, and winters up here are BRUTAL. Any suggestions would be
greatly appreciated! :)

P.s- I don't mind the idea of driving a clunker, but a nice-looking car would be nice!

105,295

Why not try getting a good truck with 4X4 for the bad weather. There should be plenty of older Chevys and Fords out there right in your price range.