Hi. I have a 2001 honda civic. Just replaced timing belt,water pump, struts and tires. 124k miles. Head gasket just blew and I am gonna sell it to someone who can fix it. Ay idea what price? It has a few cosmetic issues as well. Small dings.

Melissa Wooten

Asked by Jun 15, 2015 at 01:58 PM

Without knowing whether it's a Coupe, LX EX or anything best guess it's worth $4 to $5k running. You are gonna have to knock off about $1k, don't know if head is cracked, needs a valve job, (should do that anyway, send head out) for that and if head is cracked add $250, than add another $500 for the hassle of the buyer. Going low, $4000 - 1500 = $2500. You can probably get that if you can find somebody willing to go to the headache of doing or having the head gasket done, and willing to buy it without test driving to check transmission and suspension. That may be the hardest part. You will come out ahead financially getting it fixed and running...and say its a LX sedan and ask $5 -6k