I need advice on suspension changes 1967 chevelle

5

Asked by Jun 12, 2015 at 02:17 AM

I have a  1967 Chevelle and I want to redo the suspension but I am overwhelmed by the choices. I am considering 2" tall drop spindles with tubular a arms and not using coil over springs since I just replace the shocks and springs. I have been told that the upper A arms are the most important and since I am on a budget I am considering only replacing those now  I also don't know if I need to use lowering springs along with the spindles. As far as the back end I was going to go with boxed lower control arms and adjustable upper control arms along with the brackets and a 1 " sway bar and keep the shocks and springs in place. I did not want to lower the rear yet because the front sits up high already so I thought it would level the car out. If your budget was 2000. parts what would you get and where would you go.

1,575

Your front end plan sounds good. Use a air bag spring kit on the rear end with some type of supension arms or traction arms. No compressor needed just route a small plastic hose to the trunk. & or add a small air tank. With this set-up it will ride firm & be adjustable. Lowering spindles might require shorty shocks too like my 4"-6" SB lowered Chevy shown. 4" drop spindles & C notch & axial flip on the rear.