I need advice on suspension changes 1967 chevelle

Asked by Jun 12, 2015 at 02:17 AM

I have a  1967 Chevelle and I want to redo the suspension but I am overwhelmed by the choices. I am considering 2" tall drop spindles with tubular a arms and not using coil over springs since I just replace the shocks and springs. I have been told that the upper A arms are the most important and since I am on a budget I am considering only replacing those now  I also don't know if I need to use lowering springs along with the spindles. As far as the back end I was going to go with boxed lower control arms and adjustable upper control arms along with the brackets and a 1 " sway bar and keep the shocks and springs in place. I did not want to lower the rear yet because the front sits up high already so I thought it would level the car out. If your budget was 2000. parts what would you get and where would you go.

James Kitlas

Your front end plan sounds good. Use a air bag spring kit on the rear end with some type of supension arms or traction arms. No compressor needed just route a small plastic hose to the trunk. & or add a small air tank. With this set-up it will ride firm & be adjustable. Lowering spindles might require shorty shocks too like my 4"-6" SB lowered Chevy shown. 4" drop spindles & C notch & axial flip on the rear.