2002 hyundai Accent

Asked by Jun 08, 2015 at 11:13 AM

I have a 2002 hyundai accent. The check engine light came on a week ago. Yesterday it would sputtter when accelerating. It would also want to die when leaving a stop light, unless I gave it alot of gas. This morning it had all instrument lights but would not crank over

246,725

Check the battery first to see if you have enough voltage to get it started. Should be 12.4 or better. Once you get it running, have a local auto part store scan the car for the OBDii 4 digit codes to give you an idea on where to start repairing your car. Post the codes back here. If you can get it started, have it towed to your local garage to diagnose and repair it for you.