07 Dakota won't take fuel

Asked by Jun 07, 2015 at 10:12 PM

My 07 Dakota won't take gas when I
try to fill it up unless I pump real
slow, and when I take the gas cap off
it has pressure, what causes this?

11,160

assuming no obstruction in the ffiller neck then possibly a clogged vent or bad charcoal canister purge valve

I have a 1999 chrysler 300m and have the same problem, usually after pumping around 2 gal it backs up and overflow as if my tank was full when it definitely is not. Also noticed if I have less than half tank of gas before shutting engine off I have to elevate the front driver side of car or park it in up hill position or it wont start back up as if its out of gas. Do you have this problem too by chance?