I got too busy, niece got married, etc. and didn't get the oil changed in 2000Toyota Camry. Night of Wedding started making knocking noise, ckd. oil, very low!! what should I do, did I damage engine. added and oil supplement plus oil, of course. STill knocks, driving it very easy now, barely at all.

Asked by Jun 07, 2015 at 09:59 PM

My Camry had only 138,000 miles on it. otherwise in great shape!  what to do??

Most likely damaged a rod bearing or two, probably scored the crankshaft also, you have a few ways to go, 1 bite the bullet and replace the engine with a new one, 2 have your engine rebuilt, 3 find a good used engine with a warranty on the part and put that in, 4 sell it as is way is while it is still running. The choice is yours.