I got water in my fuel system while changing the fuel pump on my 1996 GMC Sierra. I blew the lines out and changed the filter. I have 62 lbs of fuel pressure and have changed the plugs and wires. it acts like it wants to start but will still not start. Is is possibly the injectors?

5

Asked by Jun 07, 2015 at 12:56 PM

19,840

How much water actually got in the system ?

5

not sure the exact amount, but we'll say quite a bit. what happened is theat oncw i got the first pump put in it started raining so a friend slid the tank under my truck, well the angle i had it jacked up cased the rainwater to run down my bed cover right onto my tank. so we'll say quite a bit

5

do i need to pull the throttle body and intake and clean/ replace all parts of the fuel system? I've never dealt with the "spider injection" before so any helpful hints on it will be appreciated

5

it sounds as though a couple injectors open and the others don't

19,840

Did you remove fuel that was in the tank ? If not you are pumping that gas and water mix through system. Depending on how much water in tank you can either pump out fuel in tank or if it was not that much water you can add more fuel to tank then add a bottle of gas dryer you put in tank. Just make sure there is more gas then water in tank.

5

Yes I dropped the tank and cleaned it completely out, discarded the fuel in it, then rinsed it with methanol. Replaced all the plugs, wires, and put another used injector setup on it. Still it tries to start but will not. Maybe the pressure regulator?

19,840

Yes check the pressure regulator and also check pulse going to injectors with a noid light.

19,840

Do you have a check engine light on ?

19,840

Try cleaning the Throttle Body and Idle Air Control Valve and also check the ( ETCS ) Electronic Throttle Control System fuse.