My car won't start just make a single click noise coming from starter. But I replaced the starter 2002 Lincoln last v8

Asked by Jun 06, 2015 at 07:45 PM

I have a 2002 Lincoln Ls v8 and it won't start all I hear is a
single click noise coming from the starter and I replaced it
and it's still making the the same noise.

18,230

First you may want to check to make sure the engine is not locked up. If not check battery connections to make sure they are nice a tight and is the battery fully charged.

25

check the positive cable where it bolts onto the starter,they rust there,on bolt and clean,

18,230

How did you make sure the engine is not locked up ?

18,230

And is the battery fully charged ?

18,230

If you do not have battery charger try jump starting vehicle with another vehicle and see if it starts.

I got under the car to manually turn the flywheel and it only turn in 1 direction. Is it locked?

18,230

Now turn it back the other way if it stops it's locked up. Should turn both way .

18,230

Not locked up completely. Try this turn fly wheel the way it turns easy and keep turning until it stops again. While turning notice bolts that hold fly wheel to torque converter make sure none has come loose. Also check for anything on motor that may be stopping engine from turning over. Just may be a loose bolt that came loose and is making engine stop in a certain area.

18,230

Also try this if you do not found anything thing wrong with any of the fly wheel bolts. Remove belt from vehicle then turn over and see if it still locks up. If it turns free the problem is at the engine like the water pump , alt , power steering pump a pulley. Turn each item over by hand by the pulley and see which one stops turning. If it still stays locked up after belt is off its something with the motor or transmission.

18,230

Sorry was not thinking right if motor turns one way there is nothing wrong with alt and etc so do not take the belt off.