Chasing electronic gremlins.. I have a 1996 s10. 4.3. Changed in ignition Control module. Still won't start. Keeps blowing engine fuse.. please help. Thank you

Asked by Jun 01, 2015 at 09:44 PM

58,555

This is a hard one as you sat gremlins,but my best guess would be the starter is bad,making the fuse blow.

435

What was the original problem ?

435

Recheck your harnesses to module, you may have pinched wire. Also the module may be incorrect for that vehicle

435

Is the module inside distributor?

645

Hello, If it didn't start before the module change, was it blowing fuses? This is common on GM's when the fuel pump goes bad, heavy amp draw...or if the wires going back to the tank get crunched... Exactly what fuse by designation?? ECM, Injector 1, 2...??? Inside the vehicle fuse box?? Tell us more, AskTrannyMan