I am in the middle of changing the valve springs and one of my valves fail how can i get the valve back up without taking the heads off?

30

Asked by May 25, 2015 at 03:10 PM

98 Chevy c1500

26,535

did you have that cylinder up on tdc or close anyway?? is it still in the guide at all? if not take the head off...but if still in the head/guide,turn the motor over by hand the CORRECT WAY so the piston will push the valve up or add some air to the spark plug hole...

69,385

Yes, couldn't have said it better myself, Kelly! Always pressurize the cylinder with compressed air before removing the valve keepers. The compressed air will hold the valves in place while you're working on them. HTH. -Jim