Does my 93 E250 have a filter or some other blockage between the tank and the filler neck?

25

Asked by May 19, 2015 at 06:44 PM

I need to siphon the gas from the tank of my 1993 Ford E250. Had filled tank the day before the tranny went out, and van will be sitting awhile before I can afford to get it fixed. So I have 30 plus gallons of gas that I REALLY NEED right now, just going to waste. I have a small siphon pump, the hose is only 1/4", but it seems to be blocked by something about 17" into the filler neck. Thinking some kind of filter maybe, before, or at, the gas tank?

If so, is there a relatively easy way to remove it and be able to siphon some of the gas out to another vehicle I am using?

7,475

You'll have to remove the metal filler tube to access the tank because it has a siphon block in it.