I have an 89 Ford Bronco with a 351 what can I do to increase my horse power I have about $1000 budget at this moment

Asked by May 19, 2015 at 07:18 AM

8,420

Replace the exhaust system and start throwing out unnecessary extra weight you dont use, do your maintenance. a 351 already has enough horses and torque, if yours is lacking, it could be a system not operating up to normal. big fat tires are harder to push than tall slim ones that are full of air. not to be a smart alec, but this is what I always found with them. When working right, they tow well, and their fuel mileage was the issue, the restrictive exhaust was my peeve. and it is 25 or older

22,705

Buy a copy of Hot Rod Magazine- get a carb- maybe a cam-

8,420

and what, a new eec processor? engine harness? fuel pump? and every sensor and every part an EFI system uses? You must think they said 79?