What would be a great first car?

20

Asked by May 11, 2015 at 02:49 AM

I'm only sixteen and I have been looking for
a car to buy by the start of the next school
year. What should I get? I want something
sporty like a camaro or a 350z but I don't
want to spend more than 2.5k. Any
suggestions would really help.

89,385

I would buy a low cost car that will keep you safe at this point, just something to get you from point A to point B. no need to spend a great deal of money on your first car. The insurance on a Camaro at your age is going to cost you or your parents allot of money.

83,095

Toyotas have been fairly reliable and not too bad on insurance rates, stay away from sport jobs for now, you really pay for performance at your age. Honda Accord is another reasonable vehicle, That is what I purchased for my 16 year old's first car. Stay away from European makes, they are expensive to drive and maintane.

58,865

An older model V6 Firebird or Camaro V6 might work for you. They're sporty but since it would be a V6 model the insurance company might not bang you too hard. These cars can be bought relatively cheap too. HTH. -Jim