how do I get my 1993 GMC Starcraft Ventura van to turn over and start again?

Asked by May 04, 2015 at 09:06 AM

my van was almost out of gas and
stalled coming to an intersection I
accidentally put it in park while it was
still slightly moving, I felt that grind to
a stop and now the engine will not turn
over

150,885

There is a thing in your transmission call a pawl, or parking pawl. Forcing it in to Park while still moving probably chewed up either the pawl or the gear it engages lock the transmission from moving..and the car. Click on this and imagine that pawl trying to catch a cog on the gear attached to output shaft. As for your engine not turning over, probably something to do with the starter interlock, the device that won't allow you to start in gear