i found this older metal plate that looks like stainless steal but is heavy like cast iron it just says mustang in black cutout letters and has a strip above and below the word. WHAT THE HECK IS IT.


Asked by Apr 29, 2015 at 10:49 PM

Question type: General

4 Answers


How big is it? Can you post a pic?

Best Answer

I've looked on Ebay and checked about a thousand pics on the web for vintage Mustang signs. Since it doesn't say Ford or has a pic of a mustang horse, I'd say it's someones homemade shop sign.


I do how do I post it on here


You have to save the pic to an image file then click on the add photo at the bottom of the answer box.

Your Answer

Add photo

Related Questions

  • 2000-2004 Mustang pros & cons? 2 answers

    I am interested in possibly buying a Mustang, my budget is around $3500, more or less, and I found several 2004 Mustangs within that price range that seems to be in great condition. I want to know w...

    2004 Ford Mustang



  • 64.5 mustang with 260V8? 43 answers

    I have a 64.5, and it has the Original 260 V8. I pulled the heads off, to replace it with some 351W 1969 DO0E Heads,the top of the pistons are stamped 0.40. It was rebuilt 3K miles ago, from the first...

    1964 Ford Mustang Standard Coupe



  • How many 1992 Mustang convertibles had the 4 cylinder engine? 2 answers

    I have a '92 Mustang LX convertible with the 4 Cyl engine. People keep asking me if it's rare because they've never seen one before. I'm trying to find out how many convertibles had that powerplan...

    Ford Mustang



  • Where can proper tools be found? 18 answers

    Was trying to advise a person who's never done a head gasket job on how to "tool up" for the job and could only find the name brands "MADE IN CHINA"...but still emblazoned with a familiar American n...

    1953 Hudson Hornet




Search General Questions

General Experts

#1 Tom Demyan
Tom Demyan
Reputation 47,040
Reputation 38,910
#3 tenspeed
Reputation 16,610
View All

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use.