What type of car is a good choice for a new teenage 16 year old girl? I want something that shell love but I want her to be safe! (my daughter)

Asked by Apr 25, 2015 at 01:29 AM

14,115

Honda Civic or Accord, you'll thank me later.

78,255

Bought an Accord for mine, she loved so much she drove it till it finally just wore out at 435000 miles. Only problems she had it was the radiators, went through 4 of them, the solder on the brackets kept breaking away.

210,545

The guys are right, and for insurance purposes any 4 door sedan with as many safety features as possible. Nothing too nice either as you can expect a couple scraps and dents the first year or so.

19,715

Those VW New Beetles are built to take the crashes- the '98 I bought saved my daughter's life twice! (neither crash was her fault)- the first time she was rear ended while stopped- the guy was going 40 when he hit her and the car was slammed into the rear of an SUV- sandwiched- the bumpers just popped right back, the only thing amiss was that all the lights were gone- insurance fixed it, only to have her hit in the side by a guy who ran a red light- that one destroyed it, but she was barely scratched- putting our kids in cars is scary, so scary-