new car problems financing

Asked by Apr 16, 2015 at 08:36 PM

I bought a new car 2015 chevy malibu .MSRP 26155.00 it had 5718 miles on it and I
was told i would get a 1000.00 off. I did receive 1000.00 gm bonus cash?? I was told it
was from gm and for miles on the car.they also gave my mom 3.9% financing through
gm financial. I was told no other rebates because of the finance rate--- april incentive
is 0% for 60 months so this makes no sense. Under the first contract they sold me
every service contract and paint protection to increase the price. we got them to drop
those services and they redone contract.. however my mom hasnt signed yet. i traded
in old car they haven't paid it off yet or the finance company hasnt give any money for
financing yet but gave me the car to drive with my license. my company cut them a
check for 4500.00 for down payment for mileage depreciation on trade in. do i have
any recourse, can i take car back?? my mom is listed as purchaser 1 and I am co
purchaser

223,635

You surely can go back and talk to them. Not sure if GM still has there buyback program in effect. So what is your question? I looked up on the GM site, that you can use an incentive for 0% for 60 months OR $1500 cash back. Sounds like you got a $1000 cash back and low financing. Is it worth it to you to give the $1K back to get the 0% financing?

I just want to know if i can get out of purchase the cashback was supposedly for miles on the car as a dealer loaner.

223,635

I can't answer that, you will need to talk to the dealership. If you still don't like their decsion, then contact the Chevrolet local representative or GM customer service. Good Luck!