my pickup a 2001 F150 XLT 4.2 V6 Sport standard cab Step side Short bead 5 Speed Manual Trans. It seams that when ever i try to find information on line The anser is allways (truck dos not exist ) ?

Asked by Apr 10, 2015 at 12:53 PM

85

What information are you looking for? If you're just looking for parts on the engine, just search it by model and engine type. Example: 2001 F150 XLT 4.2 V6. Plenty of stuff will come up for that. But the body may have been modified or a different, so depending on the information you need you may have to call up a mechanic. You can call a dealership too and they can provide information for free. Ask to speak to the parts department or a mechanic there.

thanks mark, i am not looking for parts. it is to ovies that my 2001 f150 XLT body is a SVT or Lightning . the SPORT model [4 wheel disk brakes etc ] the ford dealer in petaluma , say the sport model does not exist.. until i show the truck to them. the truck was built in mexico and assembled in canada. go figure. ford motor Co, tells me that thee sport model 2001 f150 XLT sport dose not exist. i am a fabricator and mechanically inclined , the truck is a mystery.