Fuel pump clean out

5

Asked by Apr 09, 2015 at 06:22 PM

Hello, recently I removed the fuel pump and clean it from inside, found 2 rubber seals inside but one of them was broken, I placed the pump without the broken one, is that can do problems or is there any fears that can Blast the tank!!

67,375

The seals were put in there for a reason. If you're not smelling or leaking gas externally and the engine is running ok I wouldn't worry about it. The gas tank won't blow up because there's no oxygen in the tank. For an explosion to happen you need oxygen. HTH. -Jim