I have a 2003 Saturn Vue , 6 cyl. When I push on the gas it doesn't accelerate like it should. I have to press hard. It doesn't happen all the time. Two different shops said it wasn't the transmission

Asked by Apr 05, 2015 at 02:57 PM

It has 160,000 miles on it and the alternator
was replaced last year. The check engine
light is on, and I have the codes from auto
zone: P0963,  P0128, and P0700. Not sure
what any of it means or how expensive. I'm
trying to sell the car. KBB values it at 2,200
in fair condition. What should I ask for it? I
don't want to invest anymore money-- just
replaced serpentine belt and front brakes.

11,690

if shops are saying no trans issue, fine, then make sure the tranny fluid is full and clear the code, strange though having a drivability issue like that and no trans problem. the 128 code id coolant issue, as long as you are full of coolant, the most common problem is a bad stat with that code. although, you can also have a bad coolant temp sensor or wiring issue to the sensor. best thing I can advise on the price is to have a good shop figure out what it will cost to fix and then take that cost off of your price. sounds like a bummer, but you have drivability issue and a check engine light that wont go away.