I'm looking to buy a early 90's comaro. I'm thinking about going with a street racing application. Gonna put a 350 small block in her. Just going to buy block and build her com there.

Asked by Apr 03, 2015 at 02:17 AM

I'm new to building engines so need info on
what to put in her.

Are looking to do a gen 3 or a gen 4 Camaro? If you have the means and not afraid to do a little home work put an LS1 5.7 from an early 2000's Camaro, it's not to difficult, i did with my first gen Camaros.

Here's a conversion that i did, but i went a little nuts (LS3 6.2 all aluminum) in my 1968 Camaro

That's a nice set-up. If you don't mind me asking how much did that run you? Is it a stock ls3? Did you have to change motor mounts much? What trans, differential, and drive shaft did you use?

Did cam swap, intake, long tube headers, ported heads stock LS3 platform. The trans is a 6l80e (6 speed auto), the motor mounts used adapter plates to stock mounts, stock drive shaft with yolk to fit trans and re-balance, the rearend is the stock 12 bolt with 3:55 gears. Total cost for everything was around $10000 that's with my labor and nothing being farmed out, if you had to have it done at least double that amount.