2007 Silverado 2500 crewcab - rear power window motor runs but window is stuck. What needs to be done to fix?

Asked by Apr 01, 2015 at 03:42 PM

rear power window doesn't move but motor runs - can't even move window by hand.

6,775

Window is probably wedged and regulator is probably toasted, it has a cable that operates the up and down motion, Replace it

Thanx I didn't explain it correctly. It's not a rear door window. It is the sliding power window in the rear window of the cab.

6,775

For that the mechanism is different but driven by a nylon gear which has probably failed, replace the unit

Thanx Do you know of any videos showing how to replace nylon gear?

6,775

The gear is internal, you will have to replace the whole unit, and also check to see why the window was binding so as not to repeat the problem.

5

Thanx - is there a video showing how to remove & reinstall the window unit?

6,775

Not sure, check Youtube